Monday, August 15, 2011

WHY?!

Following in the typical first blog post tradition, I dare to ask the question "Why?!" Why blog? Why now? Why the name choice? Why do we exist? Ok so the last one's a little deep, maybe that will be a later post.

To be honest, I've always been apprehensive about personal blogs. They seem too much like a public journal, and I've wondered why anyone would think I would be interesting enough in order to voluntarily seek and read what I write.

The reason I started to blog was mainly on a deep conviction (thank you Holy Spirit) to share the lessons and truths I learn and face every day. Let me try to explain. My life is usually a whirlwind of activity filled with school, work, volunteering, some kind of social life and a few unexpected twists and turns. This summer has been a much needed, yet highly uneventful respite from all of that. At first, I spent most of my free time trying to find any way to entertain myself though movies, television, Facebook stalking and Stumbling. It wasn't until this month that I was convicted about how I spent my free time being a reflection of my relationship with Jesus. I had all this time to seek God in my rest and spend time with my Savior, and I was more interested in...well anything and everything else.

Only when I started to spend more time reading my Bible and seeking God in my daily activities did certain revelations make me so excited that I wanted to share them with anyone who would listen. In fact, it happened to me this morning while I was reading Nehemiah and 1 Corinthians. But I'm not the kind of person to just hit up one of my friends in the middle of day and start spilling about the complex ethical issues that face the church today. Texting so many words would wear out my poor thumbs.

So here we are. Adina's Affirmations. You think about the definition of affirmation, and it means an expression of agreement or commitment to something. This blog is an expression of my commitment to seek truth and using it for the purpose of encouragement to all who may read these words. It's also a chance for me to clearly communicate my faith and beliefs without (hopefully) sounding like a blueberry waffle (the words of my church's senior pastor, not mine).

More to come oh so soon. I'll leave you with this,
"If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." -Romans 14:8 (NIV)

Song: "Tis So Sweet" by Jadon Lavik on Roots Run Deep

No comments:

Post a Comment